so this is the best version of this song that I have come across … cobbled together from two separate recordings … but will have to do until it is officially released.
I wish I knew how to convince Disney to actually release this version (unabridged) … the orchestration really makes Idina Menzel’s voice shine
okay I work in like 12 and a half hours and have completely caught up on my dash. Goodnight
- Always say yes to seeing friends
- Eat breakfast every day
- Recognize that positive change rarely happens overnight
- Accept the fuck-ups, but try not to let them happen again
- There is a song to remedy every situation on the planet
- Appreciate the people in your life
- Look for the good in everything
- Try new things and try them often
- Treat yourself as well as you treat others
“new zealand accents and australian accents sound the same”
raggedymatts replied to your post “what do Sherlock rpers even have against Irene holy shit”
Bc she is not a male and that’s all the fandom cares about
Honestly that’s probably true
127 pages of tumblr and I’ve caught up on just over 24 hours worth of content in 3-4 hours.
I brushed my hair and now it is hella soft
people (and things) you have not mentioned in your coffeeshop au
- the actor who comes in and wants to chat for hours about waiting for godot, saying things like “it really illuminates the inherent despair of the human condition! very, very inspiring, really. quite harrowing.”***
- the man who comes in with a recipe for mixed, ground beans that is accurate to three decimal places. (your scales only measure to two places. the recipe is indecipherable.)
- the small child who uses every single coffee sack as a punching bag
- the two dancers who take it upon themselves to play with every single drygood in the shop and then, after thirty minutes of phone conversation, order one green tea latte (“do you not have almond milk? oh, what the hell, let’s live a little”)
- the office workers who drew the short straw and have been sent out for eighteen orders of hot chocolate, all customized
- the man who wants to unpack and try every single coffee grinder, and also can you show me that electric kettle! how does it work! oooh, that’s a nice grinder. is burr really better than - what’s the other kind again? and what about those teapots in the back?
- the man who brings his own espresso mug
- the man who doesn’t understand why you haven’t memorized his special yet, seriously, it’s been a whole day!
- your coworker, who has been flavoring beans and now smells like an excoriating mixture of hazelnut, vanilla, pumpkin spice, and eggnog
- your other coworker, who sees a Difficult Customer approaching and flees to the back room like a fucking bullet, apologizing all the while
- your other coworker, who is in charge of the playlist and has to run to skip every other song because it contains 1) excessive drumming 2) excessive maudlin guitar 3) excessive use of the word “motherfucker” 4) is titled “starfuckers”
- your boss’s unofficially adopted son, who comes in to get in the way and make coffee at a different time every single day, enters via the front door, disappears mysteriously at some point in the next hour, and apparently exits via the basement gates
- the entire firehouse, who come in (collectively) at the same time as the entire local police station, are indistinguishably tall, and all want very different drinks
- the customer who comes in five minutes before closing, when you’ve swept all the grinder stations, and orders fifteen pounds of coffee. “ground for paper, please.”
- the customer who leads with the deceptively simple “oh, i’ll just have a…” and spends the next ten minutes describing exactly how they want their extra-hot triple-shot half-skim half-whole milk mochaccino with an extra shot of caramel, double cups, flat top, and can you make those shots tall please? and not so much foam. what do you mean that’s what a mochaccino is? can’t you just make a mocha? what do you mean a cafe mocha or a mochaccino? just a moccha! and a macchiato. wait, what do you mean that’s just an espresso shot with milk foam. they don’t do it like that at starbucks. oh. oh, okay. well, just the mochaccino then. thanks. (and then doesn’t tip. usually appears when there’s a line all the way to the door.)
- your clothes, which will smell like coffee for the next three years
- the apple cider steamer wand, which your other other coworker keeps leaving out to the side so you have a semipermanent burn because you keep hitting it when you pull shots
- the time a dozen cartons of milk mysteriously go bad and you only find out after you add them to coffee
- in keeping with that, the time you have to throw out a dozen consecutive cups of coffee, full of clumpy milk
- the time you nearly knock over an empty espresso cup and, in a bid to save it, throw sixteen ounces of coffee in the air instead
- the time the drip machine overflows. (rinse and repeat weekly.)
- all the different ways you can pronounce “hazelnut”. language is a wonderful thing.
- "what’s a fluffy angel?" me too, customer. me too.
***(not chris pine, but with definite ambitions in that direction)